The 3rd edition of the LASIGE Workshop was held at the beginning of this month (June 2018) at the Ciências@ULisboa. It provided an interesting debate space for its (more than 65) participants.
The workshop program started with a very interesting keynote from Dr. Paul Ralph (University of Auckland) on the psychology of software development. The poster session came next, with 18 posters from members of all research lines explored in LASIGE.
The second keynote was then presented by the Prof. Dr. Marco Vieira (University of Coimbra), who brought into discussion the insightful topic: benchmarking the security of software systems.
In the afternoon, the LASIGE’s advisory board joined the workshop, and LASIGE’s professors presented an overview of the laboratory and its research lines.
The final session of the workshop comprised the presentation of the two most-voted best posters and the unveiling of the annual LASIGE research awards.
11 Distinguished Publications
- W. A. Usmani, D. Marques, I. Beschastnikh, K. Beznosov, T. Guerreiro, and L. Carriço “Characterizing social insider attacks on Facebook” In Proceedings of the 2017 CHI Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems. ACM, 3810-3820, 2017 (CORE A*)
- A. Lamurias, L. Clarke, and F. Couto “Extracting microRNA-gene relations from biomedical literature using distant supervision” In PLoSONE, vol. 12, no. 3, pp. 1-20, 2017 (h5-index: 171)
- T.Cogumbreiro, R. Surendran, F. Martins, V. Sarkar, V. T. Vasconcelos, M. Grossman “Deadlock avoidance in parallel programs with futures: why parallel tasks should not wait for strangers” In Proceedings of the ACM on Programming Languages, Volume 1, Issue OOPSLA, Article 103, 26 pages, 2017 (Core A*)
- A.Igarashi, P. Thiemann, V. T. Vasconcelos, P. Wadler “Gradual session types” In Proceedings of the ACM on Programming Languages, Volume 1, Issue ICFP, Article 38, 28 pages, 2017 (Core A*)
- M. Lobo, A.Lamurias, and F. Couto “Identifying human phenotype terms by combining machine learning and validation rules” In BioMed Research International, vol. 2017, pp. 1-14, 2017 (h5-index: 73)
- A.Lamurias, J. Ferreira, L. Clarke, and F. Couto “Generating a tolerogenic cell therapy knowledge graph from literature” In Frontiers in Immunology, Volume 8, Article 1656, 2017 (h5-index: 79)
- A. Keller, R. C. Gerkin, Y. Guan, A. Dhurandhar, G. Turu, B. Szalai, J. D. Mainland, Y. Ihara, C. W. Yu, R. Wolfinger, C. Vens, L. Schietgat, K. De Grave, R. Norel, DREAM Olfaction Prediction Consortium [including A. O. Falcão], G. Stolovitzky, G. A. Cecchi, L. B. Vosshall, and P. Meyer “Predicting human olfactory perception from chemical features of odor molecules” In Science, Vol. 355, Issue 6327, pp. 820-826, 2017 (IF 37.2)
- A. Nogueira, A. Casimiro,and A.Bessani “Elastic state machine replication” In IEEE Transactions on Parallel and Distributed Systems, vol. 28, no. 9, pp. 2486-2499, 2017 (Core A*)
- G. Jesus, A. Casimiro, and A. Oliveira “A survey on data quality for dependable monitoring in wireless sensor networks” In Sensors, vol. 17, n. 9, 23 pages, 2017 (h5-index: 78)
- J. Rodrigues, P. Mateus, N. Paunković, and A. Souto “Oblivious transfer based on single-qubit rotations” In Journal of Physics A: Mathematical and Theoretical, Volume 50, Number 20, 205301, 2017 (h5-index: 83)
- A.Ignatiev, A. Morgado and ,J. Marques-Silva “Cardinality encodings for graph optimization problems” In Proceedings of the Twenty-Sixth International Joint Conference on Artificial Intelligence, Pages652-658, 2017 (Core A*)
Best Junior PhD Researcher
- João Diogo Ferreira
Best PhD Student
- José Coelho
- Diogo Marques
- Nuno Dionísio (1st place)
- Carlos Mão de Ferro (2nd place)
Last but not least, participants were invited to join a delightful social dinner.
We thank the participation of everyone in this edition and look forward to see you in the next year’s workshop.