The latest edition of Encontro Ciência 2022, promoted by Fundação para a Ciência e Tecnologia (FCT), the Foundation that supports Science and Technology in Portugal, was in person and was held on May 16-18, 2022. LASIGE took the opportunity to present some of its work to an audience composed not only of researchers but also of the business sector, government, and the general public.
Catia Pesquita, LASIGE’s integrated member, was one of the speakers of the thematic session “Horizon Europe – Cluster Health Opportunities and challenges”, organized by PERIN – Portugal in Europe Research and Innovation Network.
Our researchers Paulo Pombinho and Pedro Ruas presented their communications about:
- ModEst – Análise do Fluxo de Estudantes no Sistema de Ensino Português – ModEst – Student Flow Analysisin the Portuguese Educational System by Paulo Pombinho, Luís Cavique, Maria Beatriz Carmo, Ana Paula Cláudio, Joana Requeijo, Daniel Silvestre, Diogo Tito, Helena Aidos, Hugo Martiniano, Luís Correia
- DeST: Marcador Semântico Profundo: Abordagens aos Sistemas de Recomendação – DeST – Deep SemanticTagger: Recommender Systems Approaches by Márcia Barros, Pedro Ruas, Francisco M. Couto
Daniel Machado, LASIGE’s MSc student, showed his demo “Mobile HealthyTrack: Recommendation of Healthy Routes” co-authored with Ana Paula Afonso and Ana Luísa Respício.
Our PhD students, Diogo Branco, Jéssica Catarino and Rita T. Sousa, could present and discuss their posters:
- Digital Sensing in Parkinson’s Disease, by Diogo Branco, Raquel Bouça-Machado, Joana Chong, Leon Ingelse, Margarida Móteiro, Vitor Lobo, The CNS Physiotherapy Study group2, Joaquim Ferreira, Tiago Guerreiro
- Deep Learning Pipeline for Breast Cancer Detection, Segmentation and Classification in Contrast-Enhanced Spectral Mammography, by Jéssica Catarino, Sara Silva, Nickolas Papanikolaou
- Is there Data Leakage in Protein Interactions Prediction using Knowledge Graphs?, by Rita T. Sousa, Sara Silva, Catia Pesquita