Full TitleWeb Accessibility Initiative - Advanced Decision Support Tools for Scalable Web Accessibility Assessments
WAI-Tools is an Innovation Action, co-funded by the European Commission (EC) under the Horizon 2020 program. WAI-Tools drives web accessibility evaluation and repair through:
- Building on the on-going W3C efforts on WCAG Accessibility Conformance Testing (ACT);
- Ensuring consistent accuracy across automated, semi-automated, and manual testing;
- Pursuing leading edge technologies testing, including dynamic and mobile applications;
- Leveraging the existing market of commercial, free, and open source evaluation tools;
- Demonstrating large-scale accessibility monitoring built on open standards and tools.
WAI-Tools achieves this by carrying out key efforts in the vendor-neutral environment of the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C). WAI-Tools draws together key expertise from industry, public bodies, and research to develop common understanding of web accessibility requirements.