Full TitleSecurity for smart Electricity GRIDs
SEGRID’s main objective is to enhance the protection of smart grids against cyber-attacks. We do this by applying a risk management analysis approach to a number of smart grid use cases (the SEGRID use cases), which will define security requirements and determine gaps in current security technologies, standards and regulations. The identified gaps and the analysis itself will give input to the enhancement of risk assessment methodologies and the development of novel security measures for smart grids. SEGRID will deliver a major contribution to the protection of smart grids of 2020 against cyber-attacks by:
- Identifying threats and potential future cyber-attack pathways, for the SEGRID use cases;
- Determining the gap between currently available security standards, methods and measures for smart grids in order to derive which additional security methods and measures are required for the SEGRID use cases;
- Developing the necessary new security methods and measures for privacy, communication and system security in smart grids, to mitigate the threats found in the SEGRID use cases, evaluate and test them;
- Building up a realistic test environment (Security Integration Test Environment, SITE) to test and verify new security methods and measures;
- Evaluating and improving current risk management methodologies in order to make them optimally suited to identify and address the key risk factors of smart grids of 2020;
- Feeding the established results from the SEGRID project into European and global standardisation bodies, industry groups and smart grid suppliers and make sure that the project results fit the needs of those communities and raise awareness among stakeholders.