Full TitleRich Content Books for All
The RiCoBA project – Rich Content Books for All – aims at making books more accessible and appealing to different audiences. The goals are supporting rich Digital Talking Book (DTB) generation, through the development of a production framework to assist in the building and enriching of the books, and rich DTB playback, by developing tools for non-visual platforms, and tools that adapt the book presentation and interaction, reacting to changes in the user, playback devices, and environment.
- Identification of multimedia and multimodal book patterns, to assist in the production of book collections.
- Multimedia description ontology, enabling the coherent introduction of different media, and allowing for replacing the primary media of presentation of the books.
- Models for speech generation based on human voice recordings.
- Integration of speech and braille interaction techniques, to promote the access to DTBs.
- Development and evaluation of a multimedia and multimodal adaptive rich DTB playback platform.