As part of the Ciências ULisboa community, LASIGE took the opportunity to present to its peers the science that is produced in the unit in 5th edition of Ciências Research & Innovation Day! The event, a public showcase of the best science made in the centenary institution, took place today on October 24, 2023.
Our researchers and students were present at the poster session to talk about their work:
- “Investigating game mechanics for real-world interactions”, authored by Daniel Reis, Pedro Pais, David Gonçalves, João Guerreiro, Tiago Guerreiro, André Rodrigues
- “A consumer-oriented mobile application for assessment of household appliances”, authored by Catarina Moita, Zygimantas Jasiunas, Ana Paula Afonso, José Cecílio, Pedro Ferreira
- “Deep learning interpretation to understand RNA splicing”, authored by Pedro Barbosa, Alcides Fonseca
- “Can ChatGP explain protein interactions better than Knowledge Graphs”, authored by Rita Sousa, Sara Silva, Cátia Pesquita
- “Quantum specific smells”, Ruben Câmara, José Campos, André Souto
- “AML-Robust network intrusion detection based on diversity and machine learning”, authored by Allan Espindola, António Casimiro, Pedro Ferreira
- Session Global Challenges: Act Today for a better tomorrow – “Empowering science with artificial intelligence”, by Cátia Pesquita
- Session Science Fundamentals – “Mathematics is Sudoku”, by Bruno Loff
Finally, LASIGE integrated researcher Francisco Couto participated in the roundtable “The different paths to innovation at CIÊNCIAS” and discussed knowledge transfer with startup founders and other industry representatives.