Sara Silva, LASIGE integrated member, was invited and will discuss the Science contribution to the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), at the Fundação para a Ciência e a Tecnologia’s sessions titled “Science’s Contribution to Sustainable Development – people | prosperity | planet”.
Our researcher will participate in a round table about:
- SDG 11 – Make cities and human settlements inclusive, safe, resilient, and sustainable
- SDG 12 – Ensure sustainable consumption and production patterns
- SDG 13 – Take urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts
- SDG 14 – Conserve and sustainably use the oceans, seas, and marine resources for sustainable development
- SDG 15 – Protect, restore and promote sustainable use of terrestrial ecosystems, sustainably manage forests, combat desertification, and halt and reverse land degradation and halt biodiversity loss
This initiative will have the participation of researchers whose work plans are closely related to several relevant issues in the context of the 17 SDGs of the United Nations Agenda for 2030, and it aims of enhancing the transfer of knowledge to society and the creation of new partnerships and consortia with a view to developing the SDGs themselves. This meeting also aims to establish synergies between researchers distributed by institutions in different parts of the country, promoting innovative and multidisciplinary approaches that would not be possible otherwise.
The event, previously planned for December 12-14, 2022, has been canceled. The new date will be announced as soon as possible.