The 7th LASIGE Workshop was held on April 19, 2022. The event included an award ceremony in which LASIGE researchers were distinguished for their research output for the previous year. The two best posters presented in the workshop were also awarded and… the winners were:
Best Outreach Initiative (recognizes high impact research, both from a societal and an economic perspective)
1st prize: André Rodrigues, for the impact of the research he carried out with Wildkey, an open-source keyboard toolkit developed to support in-the-wild studies.
Best Early Career Researcher (recognizes the achievements of junior LASIGE PhD researchers)
Best PhD Student (recognizes the achievements of LASIGE PhD’s students)
Distinguished Publications (recognizes research published in high-quality journals and conferences)
1. Lorenzo Compagnucci, Francesca Spigarelli, José Coelho, and Carlos Duarte. Living Labs and user engagement for innovation and sustainability. In Journal of Cleaner Production, Volume 289, March 2021.
2. João Lobo, Rui Henriques, and Sara C. Madeira. G-Tric: Generating three-way synthetic datasets with triclustering solutions. BMC Bioinformatics, Volume 22, January 2021.
3. Tao Han, Igor Ribeiro, Naercio Magaia, João Preto, Afonso Fontes, Antônio Macêdo, Khan Muhammad, and Victor Albuquerque. Emerging drone trends for blockchain-based 5G networks: open issues and future perspectives. IEEE Network, Volume: 35, Issue: 1, January/February 2021.
4. Catarina Nabais, Paulo Rogério Pereira, and Naercio Magaia. BiRep: a reputation scheme to mitigate the effects of back hole nodes in delay tolerant Internet of Vehicles. Sensors, Volume 21, Issue 3, 2021.
5. Francisco Neves, Anna C. Finamore, Sara C. Madeira, and Rui Henriques. Mining actionable patterns of road mobility from heterogeneous traffic data using biclustering. IEEE Transactions on Intelligent Transportation Systems, February 2021.
6. Rui Henriques and Sara C. Madeira. FleBiC: Learning classifiers from high dimensional biomedical data using discriminative biclusters with non-constant patterns. Pattern Recognition, Volume 115, July 2021.
7. Márcia Barros, André Moitinho, and Francisco M. Couto. Hybrid semantic recommender system for chemical compounds in large-scale datasets. Journal of Cheminformatics, Volume 13, February 2021.
8. Yiyuan Zhang, Ine D’Haeseleer, José Coelho, Vero Abeele, and Bart Vanrumste. Recognition of bathroom activities in older adults using wearable sensors: A systematic review and recommendations. Sensors, Volume 21, Issue 6, 2021.
9. Tiago Leão, Sara C. Madeira , Marta Gromicho, Mamede Carvalho, and Alexandra M.Carvalho. Learning dynamic Bayesian networks from time-dependent and time-independent data: Unraveling disease progression in Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis. Journal of Biomedical Informatics, Volume 117, May 2021.
10. João E. Batista, Ana Cabral, Maria Vasconcelos, Leonardo Vanneschi, and Sara Silva. Improving land cover classification using genetic programming for feature construction. In Remote Sensing, Volume 13, Issue 9, 2021.
11. David Gonçalves, André Rodrigues, Mike L. Richardson, Alexandra A. de Sousa, Michael J. Proulx, and Tiago Guerreiro. Exploring asymmetric roles in mixed-ability gaming. CHI’21: Proceedings of the 2021 CHI Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems, May 2021.
12. Andreia S. Martins, Marta Gromicho, Susana Pinto, Mamede de Carvalho, and Sara C. Madeira. Learning prognostic models using disease progression patterns: Predicting the need for non-invasive ventilation in Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis. IEEE/ACM Transactions on Computational Biology and Bioinformatics, May 2021.
13. Filipe Galvão, Soraia M. Alarcão, and Manuel J. Fonseca. Predicting Exact Valence and Arousal Values from EEG. Sensors Volume 21, Issue 10, 2021.
14. Aris Filos-Ratsikas, Yiannis Giannakopoulos, Alexandros Hollender, Philip Lazos, and Diogo Poças. On the complexity of equilibrium computation in first-price auctions. EC’21: Proceedings of the 22nd ACM Conference on Economics and Computation, July 2021.
15. Filipe Casal, Andreia Mordido, and Vasco T. Vasconcelos. Mixed sessions. Theoretical Computer Science Volume 897, January 2022.
16. Ana M. Vasconcelos, Maria Beatriz Carmo, Beatriz Ferreira, Inês Viegas, Margarida Gama Carvalho, António Ferreira, and Andreia J. Amaral. IsomiR_Window: A system for analyzing small-RNA-seq data in an integrative and user-friendly manner. BMC Bioinformatics, Volume 22, February 2021.
17. André Rodrigues, Rodrigues, André R.B. Santos, Kyle Montague, and Tiago Guerreiro. Promoting self self-efficacy through an effective human human-powered nonvisual smartphone task assistant. Proceedings of the ACM on Human Human-Computer Interaction, Volume 5, Issue CSCW, April 2021.
18. Nuno M. Rodrigues, João E. Batista, Pedro Mariano, Vanessa Fonseca, Bernardo Duarte, and Sara Silva. Artificial intelligence meets marine ecotoxicology: applying deep learning to bio-optical data from marine diatoms exposed to legacy and emerging contaminants. Biology, Volume 10, Issue 9, 2021.
19. Filipa Ferreira-Brito, Filipa Ribeiro, Diana Aguiar de Sousa, João Costa, Cátia Caneiras, Luís Carriço, Ana Verdelho. Are video games effective to promote cognition and everyday functional capacity in mild cognitive impairment/dementia patients? A meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials. Journal of Alzheimer’s Disease, Volume 84, Issue 1, 2021.
20. Catarina Pereira, Alexander Mazein, Carlos M. Farinha, Michael A. Gray, Karl Kunzelmann, Marek Ostaszewski, Irina Balaur, Margarida D. Amaral, and Andre O. Falcão. CyFi-MAP: an interactive pathway-based resource for cystic fibrosis. Scientific Reports, Volume 11, 2021.
21. Nuno Cruz, Nuno Cota, and João Tremoceiro. LoRaWAN and urban waste management – a trial. Sensors, Volume 21, Issue 6, 2021.
22. André Vong, João Matos-Carvalho, Piero Toffanin, Dário Pedro, Fábio Azevedo, Filipe Moutinho, Nuno Garcia, and André Mora. How to build a 2D and 3D aerial multispectral map? All steps deeply explained. Remote Sensing, Volume 13, Issue 16, 2021.
23. Miriam López Lineros, António Madueño Luna, Pedro M. Ferreira, and Antonio E. Ruano. Optimized design of neural networks for a river water level prediction system. Sensors, Volume 21, Issue 19, 2021.
24. David Matos, Miguel Pardal, and Miguel Correia. Sanare: Pluggable intrusion recovery for web applications. IEEE Transactions on Dependable and Secure Computing, December 2021.
Best Poster (voted by the event attendees)
1st prize (ex aequo):
Improving FreeST with pattern-matching, by João Roque, Andreia Mordido, Bernardo Almeida, Vasco Vasconcelos
Advent of Code 2021 (in recognition of outstanding programming skills by an undergraduate DI student on the 2021 world challenge)
All the posters presented are available: here.