The 4th edition of LASIGE workshop was held at February 12, 2019. It had two main goals:
- Create synergies between LASIGE and other research labs by disseminating scientific works and sharing research impressions;
- Bring together all LASIGE members to discuss the challenges and potential solutions that each line or researcher is pursuing;
It provided an interesting debate space for its around 100 participants.
The workshop program started with the transversal topic “Time Management and Productivity” and the second “Stress and Anxiety Management”, both by Andreia Santos (GAPSI-FCUL).
The afternoon begun with the “Welcome session”, provided by Vasco Vasconcelos, LASIGE Director, with an overview of the laboratory and its research lines and several useful information.
Afterwards, we had the first keynote talk: “CLAM-Coalgebraic Learning for Automated Modelling” by Alexandra Silva (University College London).
The Poster session took place during the coffee break. 25 students participated which made them candidates for the best poster nomination.
Back to work, the second keynote was “Researching DevOps” by Tiago Maurício (European Comission).
After, the Best Poster award was presented, followed by their presentation by the winner students. The event ended with the revelation of winners of the annual LASIGE Research Awards.
13 Distinguished Publications
- D. Trindade, A. Rodrigues, T. Guerreiro and H. Nicolau “Hybrid-Brailler: Combining Physical and Gestural Interaction for Mobile Braille Input and Editing” In Proceedings of the 2018 ACM Conference on Human Factors in Computing Systems (CHI’18), 12 pages, 2018 (CORE A*)
- A. Semenov, O. Zaikin, I. Otpuschennikov, S. Kochemazov and A. Ignatiev “On Cryptographic Attacks Using Backdoors for SAT” In Proceedings of the AAAI Conference on Artificial Intelligence, pp.6641-6648, 2018 (CORE A*)
- M. L. Bonet, S. Buss, A. Ignatiev, J. Marques-Silva and A. Morgado “MaxSAT Resolution with the Dual Rail Encoding” In Proceedings of the AAAI Conference on Artificial Intelligence, pp.6565-6572, 2018 (Core A*)
- R. Henriques and S. C. Madeira “Triclustering Algorithms for Three-Dimensional Data Analysis: A Comprehensive Survey” In ACM Computing Surveys, Vol. 51, Issue 5, Article 95, 43 pages, 2018 (Top 10% Scimago (Computer Science))
- P. Nunes, I. Medeiros, J. Fonseca, N. Neves, M. Correia and M. Vieira “Benchmarking Static Analysis Tools for Web Security” In IEEE Transactions on Reliability, Vol. 67, No. 3, pp.1159-1175, 2018 (Top 10% Scimago (Safety, Risk, Reliability and Quality))
- N. Magaia and Z. Sheng “ReFIoV: A Novel Reputation Framework for Information-Centric Vehicular Applications” In IEEE Transactions on Vehicular Technology, 14 pages, 2018 (Top 10 Google Scholar (Computer Networks and Wireless Communication))
- J. Decouchant, M. Fernandes, M. Völp, F. Couto and P. Veríssimo “Accurate Filtering of Privacy-Sensitive Information in Raw Genomic Data” In Journal of Biomedical Informatics, pp.1-35, 12 pages, 2018 (Top 10 Google Scholar (Medical Informatics))
- F. Couto and A. Lamúrias “MER: a Shell Script and Annotation Server for Minimal Named Entity Recognition and Linking” In Journal of Cheminformatics, Vol. 10, No. 1, 10 pages, 2018 (Top 10% Scimago (Library and Information Sciences))
- M.Asif, H. F. M. C. M. Martiniano, A. Vicente, F. Couto “Identifying Disease Genes Using Machine Learning and Gene Functional Similarities, Assessed through Gene Ontology” In PLOS ONE, Vol. 13, No. 12, 15 pages, 2018 (h5-index: 180)
- G. Jäger, S. Zug and A. Casimiro “Generic Sensor Failure Modeling for Cooperative Systems” In Sensors, Vol. 18, No. 3, 31 pages, 2018 (Top 10 Google Scholar (Engineering and Computer Science (general)))
- T. Cogumbreiro, R. Hu, F. Martins, N. Yoshida “Dynamic Deadlock Verification for General Barrier Synchronisation” In ACM Transactions on Programming Languages and Systems, Vol. 41, Issue 1, 38 pages, 2018 (CORE A* Journals)
- S.Kausar and André O. Falcão “An Automated Framework for QSAR Model Building” In Journal of Cheminformatics, Vol. 10, No. 1, 23 pages, 2018 (Top 10% Scimago (Library and Information Sciences))
- T. Pereira, F. Ferreira, S. Cardoso, D. Silva, A. Mendonça, M. Guerreiro, S. C. Madeira “Neuropsychological Predictors of Conversion from Mild Cognitive Impairment to Alzheimer’s Disease: A Feature Selection Ensemble Combining Stability and Predictability” InBMC Medical Informatics and Decision Making, Vol.18, No. 1, 20 pages, 2018 (Top 10 Google Scholar (Medical Informatics))
Best Junior PhD Researcher : Ibéria Medeiros
Best PhD Student : André Rodrigues
Best Outreach Iniciative : Alcides Fonseca
- Rita Sousa (1st place)
- David Carriço (2nd place)
After the closing session it was time to the “Team Building Event” by Alcides Fonseca.
At last, but not least, all the participants were invited to join a delightful social dinner.
We would like to thank all participation and look forward to seeing you next year!